Palm Beach | Detroit | World Wide
I would love to show you how fun getting your photos taken can actually be! If you have ever though "I am not photogenic" or "I am so awkward in front of a camera" or even "I have no idea how to pose." I can help you in the first 5 minutes of our session together. The rest of the time will just be spent enjoying your time together and loving on each other. I'm great at breaking the ice and giving you something else to think about. Just trust me!
Jacqueline and Brian
We chose emmyjay photography for both our engagement and wedding photos! Leslie was super sweet! She did an amazing job with everything! She is talented and creative, and has perfect ideas for great shots. Our photos turned out awesome and a super quick turnaround time! Highly recommend.
Lara and Matt
Our engagement session went super smooth and better than I could’ve ever imagine! My fiancé was nervous upon arrival, Emmy Jay made it fun and he felt as comfortable as ever! The photos came back flawless and fast! We were so impressed with EMMY JAY Photography, that we called the minute we booked our wedding venue to lock in the date! She was AMAZING
Clay and Bri
Leslie is just such a wonderful individual and can make your experience so relaxed and comforting and not at all dictating. Almost as if she’s been a friend forever. She certainly is now.
You're Getting Married!
Your engagement session is probably the most essential part of your photography experience because it gives us a fun opportunity to really get to know one another AND it allows both of you to get familiar with the way I work! This is so meaningful because this is the SECRET to creating a ton of gorgeous, genuine portraits on your wedding day!
Once we are done with your engagement session, you will BOTH be pros at this! You may not believe me now, but just you wait!
You will receive 100+ images from your engagement session. They will be ready to share, print, or save for your wedding. Your receive all of your images in your own private online gallery with the ability to download or share your images with family or friends. There are also albums available because I will always recommend you print your images.
Getting Ready for your Engagement Session
Hair and Make-up
Splurge a little! If you were considering getting your hair and makeup done, this is the perfect opportunity to treat yourself ! You will cherish these images forever and so investing in professional hair and makeup can be an extra fun way to celebrate the occasion and allow you to be extra confident during your shoot! Tip: If you’re worried about looking tired or just want a little something special for your portraits, getting false lashes make the most impact in portraits! There are all types of lashes that range from looking completely natural to looking like a rockstar! I would lean towards the natural end of the spectrum!
I recommend a maximum of 2 outfits for your engagement session to make sure we have plenty of time to capture both looks; a more formal outfit and a more casual one, so that you have plenty of variety to choose from later! I will photograph your rings during your one outfit change, so try to have those clean!
- Neutrals such as blush, tans, light pinks, faint blues and teals, creams, grays and whites will always result in more of a light and airy look to your images. These colors photograph softer and more romantically!
- If you’re really looking for a soft, feminine look, I recommend a flowing, maxi-length dress or skirt! The movement of this type of fabric photographs beautifully!
- The goal is COORDINATING outfits instead of MATCHING! We also recommend avoiding both of you wearing WHITE as a top. White doesn’t allow for any contrast in your images.
- Guys, we recommend that you avoid patterns that are smaller than a dime! These small patterns can create strange visual effects in a digital camera. Close-toed shoes photograph well, and we recommend avoiding graphic tees and tennis shoes!
- Gals, we recommend that you wear something that flatters the parts of you that you love the most and also allows you to be extremely confident! If you are uncomfortable when you look in the mirror (having to suck in and only like the way you look from one angle), then that probably isn’t the best outfit choice for you. We want you to be really confident in your outfit, because we know that you will love your portraits so much more if you’re not worrying about how your clothes fit!